Roving Leadership focuses on the fact that employees are the most important part of any organization.
Foundation of Roving Leadership
Roving Leadership is based on the conviction that sustained organizational success is not merely the responsibility of one or a few persons in charge. It is not a quick simple fix, but rather a process that creates positive outcomes by utilizing the skills and talents of the entire organization. The key premise of Roving Leadership is that Leadership moves dependent on the challenges that face the organization. All of the members and parts of the organization who contribute to this practice position the organization ahead of the “change curve.
Roving Leadership Exists When
- There are no unimportant parts of the organization.
- Silos are broken down and interdependence is more than rhetoric.
- Belief systems are regularly examined and updated.
- Learning and organizational development are constant.
- Past success is not taken for granted.
- Forgiveness is easier to acquire than permission.
- The roles of every person and unit are encouraged to openly be involved in organizational goals and challenges.
- Legacy and customer satisfaction are the goals.
- Leadership can be messy but it is worth the effort.
- Organizations that share power and the ability to engage all employees thrive.
- Not invented here must evaporate for Leadership to flourish.
- Trust is built when outcomes are more important than control.
- Depending on the challenges every department can take a Leadership role.
- New beliefs and overt positive speech support Roving Leadership.
- Money is important to employees, but the opportunity to do meaningful work is more important.
- A dynamic Vision and agreed upon values are the foundations for employee belief and behavior.
- Both positive and negative dissatisfaction can promote outstanding performance.
- Blaming kills creativity, and failures can be the source of critical learning.
- There are no unimportant persons or departments in the organization.
- A code of conduct helps everyone understand what the expectations and rules are.
"This kindle book is excellent - not just for the aspiring or recently assigned or promoted leader, but also for those with years of experience. It is well organised and each chapter includes appropriate examples from Mr Tagliareni’s clients, friends and family. A thought provoking and worthwhile read."
"S.J. Tagliareni has knack of making the abstract and theoretical a most personal matter. His latest book brings the notion of "Leadership" into a readable structure, easily identifiable and most helpful. He fills the book with a cast of characters who can lead the reader to see the traps to leadership and growing self esteem and the means to overcome the traps. This is not a "feel good" book; it is an "I can do it" book."
"Roving Leadership provides guidance for leaders at every level from wannabes to CEOs. Advice gleaned from years of study and observation is clearly laid out for all. Highly recommended."
"What a good book here, gets you thinking and that's always a good thing!!! The whole concept of Roving Leadership instead of static leadership is an outstanding concept. The book provides a number of examples from every day life that made me think of instances of roving leadership in my own personal and business life where I always thought static leadership was in play. The book reads easily without a lot of corporate mumbo-jumbo and I highly recommend it to all seeking to better understand all kinds of leadership thought."
"Dr. Tagliareni's concept of "Roving Leadership" is a valuable contribution to the field of clinical psychology! Many of my clients suffer from feeling disempowered in their jobs with large corporations. This book is groundbreaking work that helps change this dysfunction that is so common in modern corporate America. I strongly recommend it to psychotherapists who will also then be recommending the book to their clients!"